Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thankfulness

Ughhhh My little sister has been talking about being thankful for the in between times, man don't ya hate it when your little sister shows more maturity than you? ha ha No I really don't it's always been that way she is so wise beyond her years and always says something I can learn from. Anyway back to the subject she is going through some of the same things we are she is building a house living under someone else's roof and well It's just not easy. Sometimes I find myself wondering God what are you doing to me? Why in the world are we going through all of this. The stress in building a house is more than I could ever explain. PLEASE DO NOT BUILD A HOUSE AND HAVE TO FIND OUT! It's sooooooo rough especially since we are building it ourselves and only contracted out the brick, sheet rock, cabinets and flooring! It's just so much on my poor husband there are nights I lay there looking at him while he is sleeping and he has a frown on his face. I have gone and gotten him more telynol than I care to count. He has more headaches these days and just does not seem to be the happy go lucky guy I married almost 10 years ago this month. I am just trying to be thankful for this time ITS NOT EASY but I am trying to be thankful for the headaches because after all of this I will have a beautiful house. My sheet rock may not be perfect but I will always have those walls to remind me of what it took to get there. :) Father Help me be thankful for the process and help me in the patience department.

We have BEAUTIFUL hardwoods through the whole downstairs. OH MY GOODNESS I am so happy with my choice and did I mention they were pretty inexpensive as far as hardwoods go? :) I am excited! Hubby told the sheet rock/painting crew they had till Friday June 12th and they best be done or they will not be getting paid. :) They are at the end of the 4th week that they said would take them 2. I am not gonna say any names until I find out if they are gonna work out or not. If not I will not be giving them a wonderful review! :)

So with all the headaches of the house hubby and I decided a few weeks back to not renew our wedding vows on our 10 year anniversary. We are gonna wait and renew when we are at a better place in our lives. I mean come on we are stretched far to thin as it is. Pool Season, Building our House, and trying to plan a ceremony/party We are always busy but that would be far to busy. We are gonna take a special trip that weekend and just be Bo and Lisa. Up in a cabin somewhere or at a beach house somewhere. We both need to just get away. Well I gotta go get the girls from VBS. I hope everyone is having a great week. Ours has been alright not TOOOO MANY times I wanted to pinch someones head off ha ha . REMEMBER LISA THANKFUL FOR THIS TIME THANKFUL FOR THIS TIME. Have a blessed day!



6 comments:

Jess said...

Um girl, I think you meant to say maturity instead of maternity..unless you and your younger sis are pregnant...lol. Sorry its the editor in me screaming, 'you have to get her to fix that or we'll explode!' Yes there are 2 editors in my head if you're wondering.

I'm praying the house is finished in super speed.

Love you girl.
~Jess

Rosborne said...

Aww thanks sister! It's not easy but it will be so worth it in the end...and your character will be stronger! Love you...

Rosborne said...

oh...and nope on the maternity! Not yet anyways!

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Yes so right!

And Im sorry this experience has been so stressful for you. But yes, at the end will be a BEAUTIFUL home for you and your BEAUTIFUL family.

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Hi! I have an award for you over at my blog! Hope you like it:D

Valerie said...

Hope things are better by now Lisa. If everything were easy we wouldn't have any strength. Or something like that I once heard. lol