Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What a Legacy she left behind!

This past month and half has been the hardest weeks of my life. It all started June 17th we took Bo out of town to Bristol Dragway for Father's day to watch NHRA National Event. We had not even parked our motor home and the phone rang. It was my Mom and she was crying I knew something was bad wrong. She called to tell me that Hospice had been called in for my precious Aunt. That they were not sure she was going to make it through the weekend and we were not scheduled to be back home until Monday morning. I immediately lost it just began praying that God would heal her.

You see my precious Aunt Dianne had been battling cancer for 10 years and was told she would not make it 9 years ago. Her Faith in the Father never wavered. I could sit here all day and write story after story about this woman but one story about her will sum her up. About 6 months or so ago my Aunt was in the hospital with fluid on her lungs her doctor had drained the fluid for the most part but wanted her up and walking the ward. So I got her up and we started walking. She saw a woman standing next to a walker and asked her "do you mind if I pray for you" The woman said No she did not mind and Aunt Dianne just began to claim healing over this woman she had never met before. While here she is battling her own sickness. She told me that when the Lord lays something on your heart to do you better do it, you never know what the outcome might be. I felt so honored and blessed to be apart of that moment. She was such an amazing woman of God. I promise you she could pray heaven down to earth. Nobody prays like Aunt Dianne prays does if you needed someone to stand in agreement with you or give you a little scripture pick up she was who you called.

Well back to that weekend my cousin called me and said the doctor did not believe she would make it through the night. That I needed to make my peace with her and tell her everything I want her to know. So my cousin gave her the phone and I proceeded to tell the # 2 woman in my life how blessed I am to know her and to love her and be loved by her. To tell her what an amazing legacy she left in my life and now in return the lives of my children. It was so hard to tell her these things standing in the middle of 10,000 people I did not know and try to talk over the loud race cars. It was not how I wanted my last conversation with her to end. We got home that Monday and I went straight to the hospital to be with her she asked each one of my children to crawl in bed with her and she loved on them and told them she loved them and had a moment with each of my kids. I will never forget that day wtih her. Then it was my turn I crawled up in bed with my precious Aunt and just held her hand and hugged her and kissed her and let her know how much she means to me. She kissed my face and told me she loved me and that I was a good girl (there is a running joke there about me bugging her when I was a kid) We went to eat lunch to give her a little break and when we got back from lunch she had slipt into a Coma. I staid in town almost every day but maybe two the whole week and one of those was the day she died. She waited till we were all away from the hospital to go be with her Jesus... I can not tell you how broken I feel without her and this earth. I know she is seated at the right hand of hte Father Cancer Free Healthy with a head full of THICK RED HAIR. I know she has the Father's ear even in heaven and I know she is praying over me and our family.

So make sure you tell the people you love how much you love them and make peace where there is conflict. You do not want your life to end with regret! So I can't type anymore I can't see the screen through tears. I hope everyone has a blessed day. Aunt Dianne I will see you again one sweet day. Blessings

1 comment:

LuLu's Lane said...

She was a very special lady to so many people. I know she will be greatly missed! (hugs)