We had a wonderful Easter weekend.... Friday night was first night out at the drag strip for this racing season. Hubby got down to 4 cars in his 55 Chevy and we got home ohhhh sometime around 2:00 AM and finally in the bed around 3:00.
Saturday we woke up and did our traditional Saturday morning B'fast. Then we went with Daddy to check on a few pools then we had to get Hub's some pants for church. He found a dress that he just loved and wanted me to wear for Easter. (He bought it) Saturday afternoon we decided to just head on out to race one last time this weekend. We did not have much luck on Saturday but Hubby had fun and that was all that mattered. We get ready to go home and the slide out on our motor home would not come in. Finally hubby and one of his friends got it figured out and we were on our way home.
Sunday morning we got up got the kids fed and they got to look through their Easter baskets and then it was time to get everyone dressed. Why is it when you think you have everything planned you get ready to get dressed and you realize you totally forgot about your son needing black socks & shoes ORRRR you go to iron your husbands white shirt and you realize that it was stained.... So finally we figure things out and Hubby has to wear a white polo and Son wears White socks (ha ha MJ) and Daddy found some black shoes for Si. We all get dressed and head out the door climb in our truck and I realize I had no taken any pictures of the kids in front of our new house. So we back up and everyone piles out of the truck and we start trying to take pictures. Can I just say I hate picture taking my oldest child is a complete turd when it comes to taking pictures. He starts acting like a little 3 year old throwing fits.
We get to church and I have on the dress my husband so loved so much. It had a rather low cut V and I wore a black tank under it to keep the skeeter bites from hanging out. Then it hugged every curve I have and believe me after 3 kids I got some curves. It was above my knee and well I was just VERY uncomfortable. As much as he would love for me to be that girl. I am not very self confident and I just would rather be in jeans and a tshirt! We did not have that many students in class this Easter our numbers were actually REALLY LOW we only had 18 kids and normally on any given Sunday we have 28-32 kids... Our lesson was awesome and I got to use the Resurrection Eggs in my lesson if you don't have a set of these and you have small children you are doing yourself and those kidlets a disservice. GET A SET its awesome!
After church we left and went straight to Grant to be with my family. It's aways interesting when we get together. Normally its Daddy and one of my other sibs that are fussing but today I was already feeling a little on edge (the dress and oldest acting a donkey earlier) so when he started his mess I let him have it. Yeah not the proudest moment but at least nobody else had to fuss with him. I told them they could all thank me later!
We had the best Easter ever. Mom handed out her traditional Huge Egg filled with all different types of candy to all of her grand babies. It was a special time and I will post pictures of course of that in a later post of JUST Easter Pictures. We ate an amazing lunch my parents had made for us. HAM, mashed potatoes, green beans, mac & cheese, Col slaw, potato salad and rolls. Oh and you can't forget the HUGE Cookie Cake and the HUGE Lemon cake. I was doing so good till I saw the blame cookie. The Daddy's went outside and tossed a few eggs around and off the kidlets went to hunt their Easter eggs. They all got a "prize egg" my Dad is known for giving each of his grand kids a golden dollar every time he sees them. So they each got a gold dollar for their prize. We laid around laughed, talked, drank coffee, shot the BB Gun, cut up. You know the traditional things you do with you family. Ya know being super close to your family does have draw backs like the fussing but I say the drawbacks are over shadowed by the love, caring and friendship that being so close to my family brings. I AM SO BLESSED we may fuss, and over step our bounds sometimes but we are family and we love each other and we know we are blessed to have one another. So how was your Easter did anyone else have little spats at the dinner table or in our case the family picture swing. LAWD HAVE MERCY!!! ha ha ha I hope you guys have a wonderful week and most of all BE BLESSED!
1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful Easter.
I think that is SO friggin sweet your hubs picked out a dress for you.
And the last minute wardrobe malfunctions sounds like our place. Haha.
Loved your pics! (On FB).
Post a Comment