Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Florida Pictures New Blog @ bottom!































There has been lots of things going on and I would think I need to blog about that but I would just not be in the mood. These past few weeks we have done a lot of great things. As you saw from my pictures we went to the beach for a long weekend with one of my best friends Misty Davis. We had such a great time just laying out on the beach or actually the Boys laid out on the beach while Misty and I kept up with the kids. We did not mind cause we got to stand in the ocean while we watched the younger of the two Cassie and Silas who are just months apart in age splash around or play in the sand. We got there on Thursday morning and decided to go eat at that throwing rolls place I forget what its called now. Ha Ha I did not think it was worth all the hype. The rolls were awesome but the food not so much! After we ate we headed right to our condo. We staid in Island Winds on the fifth floor. We had such a great view of the ocean from our balcony. We waisted no time we unloaded our bags from the cars threw them in our rooms and headed to the beach for some after ocean splashing and laying out. We hung out on the beach for a few hours then we decided to head back up to the condo to get showered and ready to go eat and then to the grocery store to get some food for the weekend. We ate at this great little beach restaurant live bait. Then we headed to Wal-Mart and got stuff for lunch and b'fast. Back to the condo unpacked our bags and grocery's. Then we put the kids to bed and the Adults stayed up on the balcony talking.
We got up on Friday and ate a pop-tart then headed for the beach. We had rented seats and umbrella's for the weekend so we right to our seats and got everyone ready for the day at the beach. Well we were not in the ocean no more than an hour and then everyone starts screaming get out of the water shark shark. I laughed at first then I saw lifeguards running up the beach screaming. Then we look out and you could see the shark about 20 feet from shore swimming straight down the beach. About 20 min had passed and the lifeguard comes back by and says OK he is gone back in the water. Well Misty and I both decided we were not allowing our kids back in the ocean for the rest of the day except maybe to there waist. Not even 30 min later here they come again get out of the water get out of the water that blame bull shark was back again and this time you could really see it just swimming in a straight line down the beach. So We tell the older girls to go get in the pool while Misty and I made sandwiches the guys and the younger kids were playing in the sand. We come back with lunch for everyone and the guys say they had been kicked out again for the blame shark. So we all eat and are fixing to go back down to the beach and here they come again. We got kick out of the ocean four times in a matter of an afternoon for a bull shark. Needless to say we did not go back in the ocean "SWIMMING" again. We headed back inside to take shower's and iron our clothes to get ready for the famous beach pictures. We went down to Gulf Shores State Park and took some pictures but it was not the right time yet everyone was squinting there eyes and fussy cause it was so hot. So we went to eat can't remember the restaurants name. Then after that we headed back to the beach and this time got the money shots. It was so funny the pictures look like a Happy little family but that was not what was taking place I was hacked off cause Silas was running around Bo was mad at me cause I was mad at Silas and the girls would not sit still long enough they wanted to just playing the sand. UGHHHH BUT we got the shots and I guess that's all that matters. We decided the next night that we were not going to go out to eat that Misty and I were going to go buy some shrimp and Bo was going to grill it for us on the Condos grill down by the beach. So we got up headed right to the beach on Saturday and we had jelly fish warnings. So no ocean for the kids again. They played in the sand while Misty and I laid out. We were on the beach pretty much all day till the storms came up and then Misty and I went to buy some fresh shrimp and to the grocery to get the other stuff to go with it. Then came back to lay out after the storm blew over and I decided I was going to catch jelly fish. Kelsey (misty and heath's oldest) and I caught over 40 jellies in like 15 min. We were having a great time catching them and burring them. ha ha We went in almost ad sundown from the beach for the last day and started cooking supper. Bo did wonderful as always and we had the best food we had while we were there and my sweet hubby made it. After dinner we took the kids to go buy there hermit crabs and then back down to the pool for one final swim before we had to wash and pack there bathing suits up for the ride back home. We got our car mostly loaded that night before we went to bed so we could get out of there early and hit up the outlet's in Foley. We got up on Sunday checked out and told the Davis clan bye and we headed to eat lunch then hit up the outlet mall. Oh Bo and I had a great time we shopped shopped and shopped. Then we went to the Coleman outlet so I could get a close line for the campground. ha ha Yes our motor home has a washing machine/dryer in it but we can't figure out how to get it working so I have been using bungee cords to dry the clothes in the motor home after I dry it. ha ha Well we got on the road back home around 4:00 and we ended up in stand still traffic for 2 hours Bo was not happy. Then we get almost home in Ft. Payne and Bo gets pulled over and given a ticket for going 60 in a 45. WRONG it was set on 55 when we topped that hill I know it does not matter he was speeding but he was not going 60 we just had left a red light and we were in the Yukon fully loaded down not the sporty Acura TL that could have done that. So needless to say my husband was very angry said some really ugly things but I thought it best to just let him have at it and not say a word because Bo does not get mad like that often and when he does you have to just let him be. So there is the blog about our Florida trip. ;o)

2 comments:

christina-defining moments said...

Love the pictures! I have been wanting to do a family picture like that but I would be the color of the white dress! Looks like fun. Have a great day!

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

Love the pics! The girls just look too cute in their matching suits. Hope you are all well. Blessings!