This weekend was a busy one around here. Friday I got up early and washed clothes, cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen. Silas had spent the night with Anita the night before so I knew that it was going to be my only chance to get things done while he was gone! Sad to say but come on I found that child in the dishwasher last week for the love of all things holy! He is a total mess and I can't seem to get anything looking anything remotely like Bo and I like it to be. UGHHHH apartment living is not for the OCD! ha ha
So I get all of it done and by this time the kids are all home from school and we are getting dressed to leave. Bo and I as I have said before in this blog grew up camping. I can not remember a weekend in the summer that we were not at Guntersville State Park. He grew up coming to Scottsboro of all places to Goosepond. We have both agreed over and over and over we want our children to grow up doing this as we did. So we decided to join a campground Mountain Lakes Resort. Bo wanted it to be a surprise to the girls so we did not tell them where we were going, we just kept saying you will see when we get there. When we pulled up to the campground the kids got so excited. They said are we going camping this weekend! We took a little tour ourselves while Daddy signed all the papers and paid. They have two pools one is indoor and the other outdoor, mini golf, playground, kids game room, craft area for little kids. The best part for Bo and I is the fact they have great big joker tournaments. Bo and I LOVE to play this game and have taught all of our friends how to play. So we signed all the papers and paid all the fee's and headed to Guntersville to eat dinner and then we went to Grant to see my parents and drop off my Yukon so that she would have something to drive to Scottsboro tomorrow to pick up her Car. Bo had to do some work to it. While there she asked if the girls could just stay the night. ;o)
Saturday morning I got up and did not do much of anything but wait on Bo to get home so we could go to the grocery store and to the old house to pick up the big things we left at the house. My parents come there to help us out as well. So we got pretty much all of our stuff out of that house and I will be so glad when we finally close this week. Then Bo my dad and I went to the grocery store to get some grocery's and stuff to grill out. It was after all my father in laws 60th birthday so we grilled out and had a little cake and fun. I am so blessed that my parents and my in-laws get along so well. I mean they really do get along. Both my parents and my in-laws love to garden. They never run out of things to talk about. They really do mesh together well.. BLESSED we are.
Sunday we got up went to church and service was amazing. I got to sit with my girl Jessica and I was very glad to see her. Its been a while since I got to see her we keep in touch via emails and myspace but it was nice to get to hug her neck and worship right along side of her. After church Shanna and Sella asked us if we wanted to go eat so we were like sure. There was 16 of us at one table. Ha ha It was great even if we did not get to sit with Tim and Sella our kids got to sit together and they love them some Lydia. So our girls were really excited to get to see her again.
We had to get some things at Sam's so we went ahead and stopped in. The kids love it cause they get to sample everything they have. ha ha We got all the things we needed then we were headed back to Scottsboro. We got home and just laid around the house. Bo watched the race and I watch well I watched the Benadryl kick my tail. My allergies reared there ugly head again. So I went to sleep early. That was my weekend. VERY VERY Busy. I hope everyone has a great week. Blessings
Park City Utah
4 years ago
1 comment:
I love mountain lakes resort. Very pretty.
Post a Comment