Let me just start off by saying that I am so blessed to be the Mother of these three little kids. They may drive me crazy at times and they may step out of line some (more like a lot here lately)but they are good kids who just need a little more consistency from Mom and Dad! ;o) I love these three little blessings!
So I wake up and my kids scream from down stairs MOM DO NOT GET UP! It has become a Mother's Day tradition for my girls to help cook my breakfast and serve it to me in bed. Well this year was no different then years past, Bella came in with my coffee and Kenzie followed right behind with my tray of food. My precious husband had made me my most favorite thing in the world. Strawberry, cream cheese, powder sugar Crepes. OH MY WORD my mother in law makes these little blessings for us on special occasions and my Hubby had her teach him so that he could make them for me. How sweet is my hubby for doing that? I am so blessed! Well this year on my tray was a little glass with two beautiful roses off my Mother in law's rose bush. ha ha And a little jewelry gift box. I ate first you gotta eat those crepes cause they are not good cold. You see what it takes to get me, straight to my Belly. HA HA After eating the crepes I opened the gift box. It is a beautiful white gold chain with a white gold circle pendant in the center. I had told my hubby that I loved the pendant. He is such a good man he listened this time to what I said. We had gone shopping the night before and it seems that we have developed a not so normal Mother's Day tradition I get two bathing suits. So we went to the Mall and tried on a million. It was a lot of fun, I know bathing suit shopping normally is not fun. The sales lady was young and had a great sense of humor between her and Bo it was just fun being silly and trying different things on. ha ha So I bought one at Dillard's and then we went to Target and I found one there I loved a little more than the one I got at Dillard's but I love them both.
Bo and the girls took his Mom some crepes and her gift over to her and had some time with her while I finished up my coffee and breakfast in bed. So by this time it was far to late to get ready for church. So we decided to just go ahead and start getting shower's and ready for our Mother's Day lunch with my family in Grant. Laura made Lasagna, I brought the Caesar Salad mix and Tea, Randi brought the bread and oil dipping stuff and HER WONDERFUL CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES! I love these things and if I knew how to make them I would be as big as a freakin house. OH MY WORD they are to die for. Well we ate lunch got the littlest ones down for a nap and pulled out Laura's wedding video. We laughed so hard and cried. Why did we cry you might ask? Well the fact that my thigh right now is as big as my waste was then. My Dad told me Lisa you won't want to watch this its going to hurt your feelings. You were sooooooo skinny. Oh well I like to think my bigger frame is a mark of Mother hood. bahahaha
Then we all went outside to hang out on my parents new deck. It was so nice but the pollen was killing me. I just figured I will just take a pill. ha ha So the kids were playing wiffle ball and I don't know how it happened but we all decided lets play. So we had Sean, Bo, Matt against the rest of us. The rest of us being, Mom, Dad, Laura, Lisa, Randi, Addison, Kenzie, Bella (the two little boys just ran with whoever was in the outfield) HA HA My Mom hit and ran bases, my dad pitched and ran bases. RANDI HIT TWICE AND RAN BASES IN HER HIGH HEALS AND WHITE PANTS. It was the funniest thing to see my prissy little sister running bases in her cork soul HIGH I mean HIGH Wedge shoes. We were having so much fun even the neighbors came outside and were watching us have a blast. I think I will propose that this be the new family tradition when we all get together we play wiffle ball. So I get up to bat and my brother in law SEAN who was pitching caught the ball I hit. And how we play since you don't have a glove in wiffle ball is if you get touched by the ball you are out. Well ol Marcus as I like to call him decided to take my leg off I guess cause he threw the ball and smacked me square in the thigh. YES IT LEFT A BRUISE! Then he gets up to bat hits the ball and that's right you guessed it he hit a line drive right into my knee. Yep I got hurt twice with a freakin wiffle ball. Who gets hurt playing wiffle ball? I guess it was my day today! ha ha All in all we had a great time eating, talking, hanging, playing wiffle ball.
We came home stopped at the grocery store did some major grocery shopping. I am talking cart stacked over flowing. We were in there I know over an hour. Then we came home and Bo unloads I put away that's just how we have done it for years. ha ha So I get everything put away. Then we went to hang out with Bo's Mom and Dad who was working in the yard for a little while. Then I came in and did a couple loads of laundry. I had ran out of laundry detergent in the middle of the week last week and if I don't do a couple loads a day it gets backed up. Boy did it get backed up this week. Well I had to do the dishes from this morning's Mommy Day Breakfast before we could start cooking. It was TACO NIGHT here at the Boatner Ranch. We all sat down ate dinner and talked about what we were doing this week and took that time to talk with the girls about there attitudes and how it was not pleasing to the father. That we know we had been really slacking on the discipline because of the move we knew it was hard but now we are settled and its time to reign them back in. So we laid down the law's that we were going to be very strict one/ONLY warning then its spanking. So after our talk we got the kids in the bed and I went to work on the Proactive Mask thing. So far so good I have noticed my face is smoother and the bigger bumps are getting smaller and I have only used it 4 times. I think I am going to like this stuff. Well then it was off to bed I went. Not a good night Silas slept in our bed why you might ask. Well he feel asleep in our bed and then his daddy feel asleep right beside him and when I got to bed I was to exhausted to even think about picking him up. I went right to sleep I don't even remember putting on PJ's. ha ha
Well That was my Mommy's Day and I loved every single minute of it. I hope everyone had a great day spending it with there children or there Mommas. If your Momma is not on this earth any longer I hope you had a great time thinking of her and how much she has blessed your life. If you you don't have fond Memories of your mother I hope you at least took the time to Thank her for giving you life. The greatest gift of all. Have a great week. Blessings
Park City Utah
4 years ago
2 comments:
It sounds like you had a fabulous Mothers day! You deserve it girl!
Sounds wonderful! But, i'm sorry your day had injuries and remembrance of your former body. lol. Those days are hard for me too. :)
Post a Comment