
Well its that time of the year again its the end of the school year so it means for the kindergarten class at Caldwell its ZOO TIMEEEEEE! We got up pretty early because we had to have Bella at the school by 7:30. Well of course that did not happen ha ha I am a Winkles after all we are never early for anything. We always say that we will be late for our own funeral. We got Bella at the school around 7:45 and her bus was leaving the school at 8:00. I kissed her and Kenzie Bye. Kenzie came and chased me down in Bella's class to get me to sign a book. I think now looking back she was kinda just needing me to give her a reassuring hug. So I sent her on after telling her have a good day. Then I left Bella's class and told her I would see her at the zoo. They don't let parents ride the bus so Me and My Mother in law ride in my car. Well I found Kenzie wondering the hall as I was leaving and I called her over to me to give me another hug and we prayed for her to have a good day. She then ran off to her class. I think maybe that's what she needed more than the hug, but that's me hoping she just needed some Jesus! ;o)
My Mother in law and I went by the store to see if we had some sun screen cause I forgot to put some on Bella. We did not of course have any in the motor home! Then we headed out. We drove and drove and drove! We stopped at a rest area on the other side of Steele to go to the rest room we were there maybe 5 minutes then got to Trussville and stopped to get gas maybe another 10 min. We get to the zoo and the buses are already there and the kids have been eating. Poor Bella was sitting at a picnic table while everyone else was eating. She looked so sad my Mother in law said but got excited when she saw us. HOW DID THOSE BUSES beat us to the zoo? sheesh


Well we ate our chicken salad sandwiches and drank our soda then it was time to head into the zoo. We got our tokens and headed to the carousel because the last time Anita and I took Kenzie on her Kindergarten trip to the zoo we waited till it was time to go and so did everyone else so Kenzie never got to ride and she was so disappointed! So Anita and Bella rode while I took pictures and sat with Silas. We asked Bella what is the one thing that you have to see today. She said Giraffes. So we headed down to the Alabama life exhibit then headed to the safari exhibit we get to the Giraffes and Bella says OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS THAT SMELL. GET ME OUT OF HERE IT STINKS. HA HA HA I said Bella but this is what you wanted to see and she said well if I stand a stare at every animal we will be here all day. Gotta Go!


Anita and I just laughed and laughed at her. We looked at everything the zoo had. I have to say though Bella's favorite part was the worst thing I have ever seen. What is with the kids that the one thing that you really wish they would not remember they do. Like animals "making out" or animals eating poop and throwing it back up and eating it again? So back to Bella's favorite part The only part she remembered was Joey the Gorilla Eating his poopy then throwing it up and then that's right eating it again. This went on over and over and over again and Bella was willing to sit there and watch it over and over and over again.


I could not stand the smell in that place so I headed out of there with Silas and we looked at the Lions. Silas would say to the Lions " Here kitty kitty kitty"

It was so cute. After we finished that up it was time to head to the gift shop. Bella got a purse with a tiger in it, Silas a white Tiger "kitty Kitty" and Kenzie a bracelet. She is a good sister! ;o) We waited around trying to find Mrs. Gray so that we could sign Bella out. We never found her so My friend Avery who is also a Kindergarten teacher said here sign her out with her and she would tell Mrs. Gray. So we did that and right as we were walking out we saw Mrs. Gray and told her we had signed her out. We drove and drove and drove. We got back to the house around 4:45.
I think Bella had a great day spending time with just Me and "Granny" Silas was there but he really is not a factor for Bella. I think in her mind Kenzie takes the spot light off of her. I am learning to spend single time with each child more so my girls. I spend a lot of alone time with Silas but I don't ever get to just hang with the girls. So I am going to make an effort to do this more often. I promised my girls this summer we were going to take a lot of day trips. That Mommy is going to find the energy even if I have to start taking something a little more for energy. I already take a B complex and seriously thinking about taking B 12 shots. I have gotta do something I just really wanna lay around more than I wanna do anything. So I gotta get some energy we gotta big summer ahead of us.


Like I said Bella really I think enjoyed having Granny come along. Anita Bo's Mom has gone to a lot of things this year for me. Well the first day of school I was in the hospital so Anita went in my place. It was so sad to me and I tear up every single time I think my baby started school and I could not be there to watch her walk into her class room and tell me "Are you going to leave Mom" Thank God for Mom in law. Then Bella had a Thanksgiving lunch and I was recovering from my "female Surgery" so I could not make it. My Mom in law was right there willing to go. Anita went with me to Kenzie's kindergarten field trip to the zoo and I bet you money she will be with me at Silas's kindergarten trip to the zoo. Its a great little tradition that I hope my kids will let me go on there kids field trips and hang out with them at school! We had a great school year and I am kinda sad that its all over with. My Kenzie is going into the 3rd grade and my Bella is going into the 1st. WOW didn't I just give birth to them both? ha ha Well its bed time and I am done with another LONG LONG Blog. I hope everyone has a great weekend. We plan on sitting around and doing NOTHING! Blessings
1 comment:
I loved looking at the pics. And Bo's mom looks just like him! (Or he looks just like her?)
Post a Comment