Monday, August 25, 2008

Back by Popular Demand!

HA HA Yeah right! There really has not been a lot going on! The ground is leveled and ready to have an official ground breaking. This rain we are getting today is doing my land a world of good lets face it this rain is doing everything a world of good. We have been going on the weekends buying things here and there for the house. We bought our front door and can I just tell you I am super excited because the door we priced was 4,823.00 at Lowe's well Bo goes to Dixie Salvage out in Ft. Payne and there is our door for 1,500.00 needless to say we bought it fast before they could mark it up! hee hee We have been getting quotes for dry wall, flooring, roofing, electricians, lights, cabinets. I don't know if I just did not know how much things cost or what but every time I hear a new quote I swallow all kinds of bug from the gasp I let out. During the week we are working, schooling, and homeworking. Nothing really fun or important. The Saturday before last we went to the Lions club hot dog and Bingo supper. Bo and I always have a good ol time doing that. We never ever win but we sit with the older crowd and I have to say they are way more fun then folks my age. They are so blame funny!
While we were there a friend of mine txt me and tells me a mutual friend of ours grandmother passed away while she was renewing her wedding vows on her 50th wedding anniversary! It just broke my heart she passed away with all her friends and family standing around her. From what I understand she was the rock that held the family together a true matriarch to her family. I think in a way what a way to go out of this world with all your family surrounding you and celebrating a love that lasted her lifetime. I was sad for Terrell and his family but I know they will pull together they are a strong family!
We are having a blast teaching our little kindergartner's there little personalities are starting to show they are getting use to us and We love it. This past Sunday one of our students who has NEVER I MEAN NEVER said a word out loud for three weeks straight now said his Bible verse to Bo and I got the biggest smile because I knew we were reaching these children. One of them even told me when he was leaving I love you Mrs. Lisa! awwww I love these kids they are little sponges that are soaking up the word. Its just a blessing to be apart of it.
Tomorrow is the election and I have to say I am so stinking nervous I can't stand it. I know win or loose my father in law is going to be fine for that matter the whole family is going to be fine. I just I mean I take it personal when you loose an election its a popularity contest and I feel like people are saying my father in law is not good enough. I love this man so so much and I hate to see him let down or hurt and I just want people to love him like I do. I know that's not possible you can't please everyone all the time but ughhh I just start to get a tight chest when I think about it. My hubby God love him is more laid back about it than I am. Just pray for us pray that God's will be done in this election. I am reminded of something I saw on the movie "Facing the Giants "If we win we are going to praise him if we loose we are going to praise him" that is how I feel about this. God is still on the throne if we win or loose. Well guys this is my post in all its crazy glory! PLEASE REMEMBER WHATEVER CITY YOU ARE IN WHATEVER STATE YOU ARE IN GO VOTE! A soldier gave his life for you the right to vote and I don't know about you but I can not not use that right! My father and mother have instilled in my sister's and I the privilege of voting. The day we turned 18 they took us to register. So please please please use your vote and use it wisely. Even if you choose to not vote its still a vote because its one less for the opponent! I pray everyone is doing well and enjoying the rain because you all know we need it!Blessings!

1 comment:

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

When our kitchen burned, we got our cabinets and countertops at Dixie Salvage and it was sooooo much cheaper than anywhere else (trust me I'm cheap, so I looked everywhere). Southeastern salvage in Chattanooga is good to and they have granite and lots of flooring. There's a place in Huntsville now,but I haven't been there yet. Might be worth checking out though.