Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kindergarten Class Little Praisers

Thursday afternoon Bo got home early. He had to help JT load Alli's 400 lb cast iron claw foot tub into our truck from the 18 wheeler that could not make it back into our neighborhood. So when Bo got home he got a shower and we were off to Huntsville for our first Coordinator's meeting since we went on sabbatical in December! Bo and I attend an amazing church that totally believe that we lay the ground work for children's relationship with the Lord starting in Little praisers and kinder-church. Bo and I both love what we do in this ministry however I think I have just a tiny little more love for it. You see the children's pastor Pastor Norm was my children's pastor as a child. The church we attended did not allow us to call him pastor so we called him Uncle Norm. I am still trying to get in the habit of calling him Pastor Norm. My kids even sometimes call him that because they were so use to hearing me say it. I just think its such a blessing to be able to have sat under him as a child and now to be working in his ministry. He and his wife are brilliant and really are on the cutting edge of children's ministry. It's just a privilege and an honor to serve under them. They just rock!!!

Thursday night we got to the meeting and its been a running joke with us and Pastor Norm and Pastor Liz that we have spent this summer on the go. She has been calling us traveling hippies! So when we come in Pastor Norm says Oh everyone let us introduce you to the new guys. ha ha ha We had a great meal and got to fellowship with our coordinator family then we got down to business. Talking about some changes that were gonna take place and just tossing idea's up in the air. Then he gave a small devotion on Sheparding our Flock. Just pretty much teaching us about knowing what's going on in our fellow coordinator's lives and in the lives of the parents and the children. It was a great teaching and I learned a lot from it. Then we had prayer time and I have to say I totally needed that prayer time we just went around the room laying hands on our Coordinator family and praying over them and the things going on in there lives. It was WONDERFUL! Then it was time to talk to Pastor Norm and Liz one on one for Bo and I. Bo and I are just super excited about what they had to say. Since we did not graduate a lot of children into Kids Quest this year our 4-5year olds class was just getting to big in second service. Soooo they decided that we would create a Kindergarten only class and they asked Bo and I to take it and run with it. Bo and I are now the Kindergarten Coordinator for Second Service. We are so stinkin excited because we love this age group and were so honored that they would trust this new adventure with us. We got our lesson and shown where our new room would be and off we went.
This Morning we taught our first class and it went wonderful everything runs like a well oiled machine! Well everything but my son he just switched to the 2 year old class room and he totally freaks at Believers Bayou. So other than Silas going crazy it was a great morning and we are just soooooooooo excited to be pouring into these kids lives. God is faithful.

1 comment:

~Laura~ said...

Glad you love it!! :)

BTW~ some of your pics are wonky and not workin'

Love ya!