Friday I got up and hit the ground running. I had to make sure all the drawers were sprayed down with Lysol again and then let all the packing start. I just put all our clothes in laundry baskets so that WE could just put them in the closet and not have to put them in the drawers. I know I cleaned them and put new contact paper in but it still just grossed me out that we even had that rodent issue. YUCK!
Well around 3:30 Bo gets home and we do a once over to make sure I remembered it all. HA HA Normally Bo is the one that packs the motor home up since it’s always at his shop. It was my first time since having children that I packed it up. So if anything was missing I could not say Bo you forgot to bring _______. We headed to lake side to get some gas. WOW it was 212.50 to fill it up. I about had a STROKE! Then we headed to blockbuster to get 27 dress's (super cute movie by the way) then to Verizon to get one of those Broad Band access cards. So we could have Internet while sitting at the track. We did not need it but it was very nice to have it this weekend so we could check weather.com since we did not have the satellite set up we had no idea if we were having severe weather or not. From Verizon we headed back to Deals on Wheels to get the trailer with our and the Davis's golf carts on them. While there we realized we had not trailer lights. So we had to wait while Bo & Alan fixed it. We were by this time so late meeting my cousin at the KIA dealership to hitch a ride to High School Musical on Ice tour. Well we got there 15 min late, but it was alright since she was running a little bit late herself. Her garage door started acting up so she had to get it closed. We got to the VBC about 10 min before the show started. We headed down to our seats and the Anderson's headed to there's we made a place we would meet back up after the show. OH MY MERCY that was the bestest show we have seen in a long time. Bo said it was better than his favorite show we have seen Beauty and the Beast on Ice. ha ha Bo just had to buy the kids those light things you get at these shows. HOLY MOLY they were 18.00 a piece. He cracks me up cause we had just said in the car don't ask for anything because we are not getting a bunch of crap. Well our kids never asked for any of it, so I think Bo wanted to reward them for not asking. ha ha Anyhoo He got me and him some cotton candy! ;o) Well after the show we headed straight from there to Montgomery. We did not get there in time to go into the track so we had to sleep outside the gates.
Saturday Morning rolls around and we realize we are having some issues with our generator and that our fridge is not working either. Bo fixed the generator but our fridge that we just had serviced at the end of the season last year was not working again. UGHHHH this trip is getting expensive. So I take our milk and stuff we need cold over to Misty's motor home. THANK GOODNESS they were there and had room for our stuff. Well somewhere around 9:00 is started raining and I mean pouring down thunder lightening. So we decided since we were not going to be able to run for some time since it would take a couple hours to get the track dried after the rain stopped we would head out to Sam's. So we all piled in our motor home since we did not have a big trailer attached. All the Boatner's and all the Davis Clan and then Heath's friend Woody. We looked like a band of gypsy’s piling out of that motor home. HA HA We bought some shorts and some capri's for me. While we were walking out of Sam's we saw the sun trying to peek out and we all got excited and clapping. Those folks thought we were nuts. Well we went to eat and let me just say there are reason's we don't take our 2 year old out. GOSH he was cranky. We got back to the track and started racing. We got put out 1st and 2nd round so we hung out with Misty and Heath till it was bed time.
Sunday got up and was not feeling so good so I went back to bed. Bo and the kids went to church in the grand stands. Isn't that cool that we have a preacher that travels with us and has an hour or less sermon every Sunday. I just think that its way cool. I also love that at all George Howard tracks that I have been to they broadcast the sermons over the loud speaker so even if you are not in the stands you get to hear it. Those that are not believers still get to hear a wonderful sermon of Christ Love. I think it’s so neat. Well then we started racing. Bo won first round then got beat 2nd and bought back in then got beat 3rd round. So we started packing up getting ready to come home. We waiting around to see how Heath did and he broke a Tranny so we had to help load the cars into his trailer and then our golf carts onto our open trailer. Then it was homeward bound. We had a great weekend and very tiring but I think Bo got to forget all about the house stuff and just have a good time. He said he did not care if he won or not but just glad to have a good time. ;o) Well I got lots of laundry to do so I better get going. Blessings
Park City Utah
4 years ago
1 comment:
What a fun weekend! Haha I have the mental picture of you guys all clapping at the sky. LOL!
Post a Comment