So this morning my sister sends me an email telling me to go look at a slide show that one of the families she met at the Blog Union in Cali a few weeks ago. They are in Ethiopia right now picking up there baby Abe. I hope they do not mine me sharing this link with you if so please contact me and I will take it down.
Precious Family Picking up there baby
I have dreamed about the day Laura and Sean bring there "M" home. I mean I honestly have dreams about it not day dreams but night time dreams! I have dreamed I was there with her when she first stretched her hands out and her face lit up when she saw her little girl for the first time. I have dreamed I was waiting at the hotel for the call to tell me she has her in her hands and I have dreamed I was waiting at the airport with big balloons, signs and all in t-shirts welcoming our new "W" girl (we know she is Byars, but all these little girls Laura and I have they are so "W" without a doubt they so have our attitudes).
I am and have been so excited and willing to tell anyone that will listen about my sister's adoption. I have researched (as Laura would say) and talked to complete stranger's at Disney World who's sister was adopting and sharing stories. I mean I can honestly say I think I am in love with this little girl and I have never even seen her face. I know I am not near as excited or in love with this little girl like my brother in law and sister is, but when I think about it my heart just leaps.
I know, I know some of you who know me well are thinking what you are you talking about? I know Laura and I have had our moments where we wanted to kill each other did not speak for MONTHS that's right MONTHS but no matter what even if we did not like each other we have always loved each other. I have to say I have a new love for her and for the experience she is going through right now. I know there have been a few times in my life where I would not publicly say I am proud of her but I am. I am so proud of what she is doing, she is not just talking about saving the world, she is giving feet to the word, she is making a difference one baby at a time, she is gathering humanity add to give to these other children who might not ever be adopted, I have watched her faith grow and grow and grow as she relies on God to see her through all of this. I guess I do not say it enough but LAURA YOU JESUS LOVIN MOMMA you I am proud of you and I love you.
This morning while I am getting ready to go to the polls to stand around and ask people to vote for my father in law. I will be thinking of that Momma, Daddy, brothers, sister, aunts, grandparents who are right now making a difference and like Laura said THIS IS THE FATHER'S HEART THESE ORPHANS are his children just like we are. OK I had to say all this I have watched the video over and over and cried my eyes out every time. I hope all of you who read are having a great rainy day. Blessings!
Park City Utah
4 years ago
2 comments:
I'm wondering if Laura cried when (or if) she read this. I know it wrecked me.
Thanks for all the updates. I pray everything in everyone's processes (yours AND your sisters) will go smoothly and without major bumps in the road. Can't wait to see the final results! In your case a beautiful new house and in hers, a beautiful little girl. Wow. Saying THAT made my heart well up.
P.S. I don't know any of the election results...Im going to go try to find out...hope your FIL won!
Post a Comment