Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not so much happening!

Well there has not really been much going on but school, gymnastics, house work and learning to spend more time in the word. I will be the first to admit with how busy our lives have been I have not been sitting down with the word and really studying. I am making a conscious effort to get into the word and study because that's really what is going to help me with these crazy days ahead. I know that the Father is preparing me for great things that are changing in my life. I have been reading some notes I wrote from last year's women's conference at our church "Radiance" I love it when I can go back months even years later and still get something from these people who poured into my life. I was reading this morning and something stood out to me. "Favor will bring you to a place where some won't like you. Favor brings you to places where you will be tested. Favor will put you in a lions den. How we react to this "lions den" is how we receive our blessings."
I don't know if anyone needed to hear this but I just felt like sharing what I was meditating on right now. I could seriously write a whole blog on these notes but I won't. ;o)

"B" started gymnastics on Tuesday she loves every single minute of it. She came home flipping and doing back bends. I hear she cried for me the first part of the class but warmed up to the instructor and the other 5 kids quickly. She is taking a class from a local woman who is just a precious soul she has battled and beat cancer. She was the cheerleaders sponsor here in Scottsboro and is known for her ability to teach tumbling. The lady that she works with has a list of credentials a country mile long so needless to say we are super excited that "B" got in with them. I got a call yesterday asking me how "B" liked the class and to tell me that she was very powerful in her tumbling for her age, who knows maybe we will have a little Nastea Liukin on our hands! ;o) I have always loved gymnastics from the times I went to watch friends of ours take it in Huntsville they always looked so cool on those uneven bars. ;o)

I have to tell you guys how proud I am of "M" pulled only 2 cards in the last couple of weeks. We have been talking to her about self control and that a sure sign of maturity is being able to control her tongue and her feet. My best friend is writing yet another WONDERFUL book and its all about the fruits of the spirit I can not wait till everyone else gets to read it. Allison Bass Osborne is such a talented artist and writer. She has a heart for children and has written two of the best little children's books. Here is a link to Allison's books Family tree series
So we are super excited and glad to see the father working in her and helping her along in her day.

Onto the house we are just waiting on the survey guys to come out they were suppose to be here last Friday and they still have not been here. I pray that they get here today so we can get all this going asap. I am slowly deciding what color's I want in the house. I know I am going to decorate "S" bedroom in old fighter style airplanes and love the pottery barns bedding. There is this great little ceiling fan that is in the shape of a airplane that "S" just loves when we go to home depot and every time he hears or sees an airplane he goes nuts. Have I told you just how decorating challenged I am? This picking out hard woods,cabinets,counter tops,paint color all that is rough on this girl. I am so happy I have two sister's and wonderful friends who can help me out on that one. Well I guess that's about all I have to write about this morning. The girls have school pictures today so I got up got them dressed did there hair. This is the first year I let "M" pick out what she wanted to wear I figured 3rd grade is about the right age. ;o) Well I best go "S" just woke up yeah its 9:00 am ha ha I hope everyone is having a great week so far! Blessings!

3 comments:

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

AHH..ISI..I tell ya girl! Our preacher preached on this SAME thing Wed..in fact at CP on Sunday..Bro. Roger preached about not fitting in and then our preacher continued this week..he also talked about Being Favored by God when we go through things..and how the world wants to see if our faith is really what we say it is throughout them..his wife has MS..and he remembered a preacher telling him..wow, God must think a lot of you to put you through this..and he was infuriated..but now, he has seen how God has used them and brought them through so much! Amazing that you wrote this....my notes from Wed. talk about all of this! ISI is such an amazing thing!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Mackenzie's doing better in school holding her tongue and all that. I feel you on the decorating part of the house. I do not have that gift either. The favor thing....I soooo needed to hear that again. Come check out my blog. It's fairly new and I don't post often but it's there.

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and receive $$$$$$ from every visitor to your short urls.