Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sick,Football,Pictures and Seizures!

I guess there has been lots going on but I have not felt like blogging. I have been sick with a nasty cold since the middle of last week. We had football Friday night Rashad is a senior this year and is playing football for the high school. He is number 57. That was his brother's number :o) I don't know that I have ever really blogged about the relationship between my little family and the Tolliver's. Victor was Hubby's best friend and he died in a car wreck 4 years ago. Hubby made a vow at Victor's grave that he would be there for Rashad and take care of him just like he knew that Victor would. Rashad was only 14 when Victor died actually he turned 15 the day after we buried Victor. Right after Victor died Rashad was not very sure about us who can blame him we are a rather crazy bunch. He soon became part of our family the girls and "S" call him bubba and he calls them his sister's and little brother. Every now and then if you catch him at the right angle or if he says something you can see Victor or hear his voice. Rashad is very special and we love him very much.
Hubby and I had shirts made for the girls that say Scottsboro Wildcats with a big number 57 on the back. We have to support our bubba! ;o) We won the game but while there my sister called to tell me my cousin Jeff had a seizure and was being taken to the hospital. I finally got a hold of his girlfriend (my childhood BFF Teresa) and she told me the story and told me she was trying to talk him into going to the ER. So I began to pray and called my Aunt who was driving like a wild woman to Tn to be with her baby. I think sometime around 2:45 on Sat morning they finally saw a Doctor.







Saturday morning Hubby and I made pancakes, bacon, and eggs then we started getting the kids clothes together because we had pictures that afternoon in Huntsville. We finally got out the door and met up with our amazing friend and very talented photographer Tracy Baughman . We met her at bridge street then onto Mosquitoville. ha ha We took some great pictures but where we took them at was some sorta swamp lands and I am not kidding the mosquito's were so big they almost picked Silas up and carried him off for dinner! ha ha They were huge but the odd thing was I did not get bit everyone else did but me. I normally can't even go out with the girls in the morning to the bus without getting eat up. After we left the swamp we went out to research park and had more pictures. I am super excited about them I hope Tracy does not mind but I am going to post a couple of them from her blog here. ;o) I LOVE YOU TRACY!!! After we left there we went to Mikoto's and had dinner "S" hated it and I will not go back until he is a little older. I mean we teach them to be afraid of fire and then expect them to be OK when we practically have our eyebrows singed off at dinner! Not gonna happen!









Sunday we got up got ready for church and headed out we had our class Sunday and I just have to say it again I LOVE OUR CLASS. "S" whole face was swollen from all the mosquito bites God love him. We gave him some benadryl. We had a full house yet again but our times are being cut shorter and shorter since we are going to 3 services soon. Hubby and I are learning how to handle the time crunch we will get it. After church we went straight home I was not feeling the best in the world and had to do the laundry and ironing for the week. My mother and father in law cooked supper for us so we ate over there. I did not eat because either I had so much "SNOT" (sorry) running down my throat or just to hot from ironing all those loads of laundry.
Monday morning I woke up so sick I could hardly get out of bed. "S" was being a booger and I was ready to just give up and lock him in his bedroom but my hubby came home from work a little early and helped me out. I went straight to bed and did not get out of bed till the next morning.
Tuesday I woke up with the world worst headache no matter what I took it would not go away. My mother in law came home and got Silas she took him up to Pisgah to visit with some of the family's friends. It always drives me crazy when people say I can not believe he is Hubby's baby all that blond hair. I mean come on people it happens all the time I have tons of friends who have blond hair and there parents both have dark hair. It hurts my feelings like they are saying I was some sorta floozy and that "S" is not his. COME ON be for real. Anyway had to get that off my chest the people up there were just all I can not believe he is "Hubby's" boy! ughhhh
Hubby took "B" to gymnastics and "M" to the grocery while I slept all afternoon. "B" has learned to do the splits and is learning a round-off back-hand-spring. Blame that was fast ha ha I figured she would just be learning to do a hand stand. hee hee I staid in the bed the whole day finally got to sleep.
Woke up today Wednesday feeling so much better slight headache but nothing like yesterday. "S" woke up with a funky nose and just real cranky. We have not really done anything today but clean the house up and do some laundry. I cooked Chicken Spaghetti tonight. It was a great little easy recipe I made enough for my Father in law because my Mom in law is over in Florence visiting my sister in law and her son!
Well I am laying in the bed watching little women with my girls. They have grown to love this movie as much as I do. I hope everyone is having a great week so far. Be praying for me I have to go have a "MOLE" removed tomorrow. The mole is one that looked "suspicious" to my dermatologist a few weeks back. Its not that big of a deal except this one is in a really not so great place to be removed. My procedure is scheduled for 2:30 tomorrow after noon keep me in your prayers. Blessings


P.S. My blog will be going private in the next few days. If you would like to be able to continue reading this blog please leave your email in a comment and I will add you to my list! Thank you!

8 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Your pictures are so cute!!!

I have been the same kinda sick and been feeling like a dog. Uck! Snot and all!

Jess said...

Yes! Please add me to your list. I want to keep getting Boatner updates since I don't seem to see you anymore!!!

LuLu's Lane said...

Girl these pictures are great! I love you guys in all brown. That was super sweet of you to make shirts to support your friend. Very thoughtful! I am glad you are feeling better and you know I want to be able to keep reading this blog. Praise God Jeff is doing better. Talk soon... Love ya

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

BTW- add me to yo' private list!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I've had one of those weeks as well. UUGGHHH!!! Hope things are getting better for you. Please keep me updated on your blog. ;) See you Sunday.

~*Mistee*~ said...

mistee41605@gmail.com

Rhonda said...

The pictures are great!such a BEAUTIFUL family. I love Silas' cotton top.

Your blog made me laugh and cry all at once. You guys are just awesome.

Add me ;-)

Ashleigh said...

Hey Lisa! The pictures were great!! I'd also love to keep seeing updates!!