Lord ya'll I just wanted to be transparent for a little while. I know people always walk around like there lives are perfect and that they have the perfect little marriage and the perfect little children. I hope that when people see me that they see someone who is NOT perfect but someone who is working day by day to be like the one who is perfect. I have always thought how sad it was when I saw peoples facebook page or blog and they put on like their life is so perfect and that they have the most amazing husband and bla bla bla but I knowing the real person in their real life and it is nothing that they make it out to be. How sad that we have to hide behind the curtain of the Internet! Bless! Whelp that's my rant for the day! Let's try to be real with ourselves and other's today. You never know someone may be walking through what you are walking through and can use the walking buddy!
"Most of us would rather listen to the honest song of a sinner than the perfect song of a saint any day."
The world needs sirens (women) who are not the picture in the Betty Crocker cookbook but women willing to give a detailed description of how she burned the recipe."
:) I hope everyone has a blessed day.
3 comments:
Lisa you are a great Mom! K may not act like it at times but girl she loves you. I think people are liars when they claim their world to be so perfect. Life is tough (marriages/parenting etc.) I always say you never know what goes on behind peoples closed doors. You don't know what people are dealing with. God has trusted YOU and Bo with these 3 children. He knows you can handle them! XoXo
I am always careful what I put on my blog or my FB because I don't ever want it to seem that I'm bashing my hubby or exposing my children's weaknesses (especially on FB because they are teens and some of their friends read my page). I struggle with the balance between being real and being protective...does that make any sense? That being said, I've struggled with a very similar issue. One of my girls was acting constantly offended by me, was "telling" her Daddy how I had wronged her, etc. At first I truly examined myself to see if her point was valid. I did decide that I needed to make some changes with how I dealt with her. Well, that didn't seem to improve things. So, it finally became a discipline issue. I explained to her that she was walking around with a spirit of offense and that it was directed at me. I told her that I would not allow that in my house. I explained that the changes I had made had no effect and that showed me that it was a heart issue. We talked about how what she was doing was affecting our current relationship and how it could effect it in the long term. Then I explained to her that she needed to get alone with the Lord and examine her heart and ask Him to help her with it and that from that point on every time it was an issue she would be disciplined. It didn't change overnight, but it was a steady improvement. It is SO hard, but hang in there and stick to your guns.
Thank you LuLu I know she loves me but my goodness it's so hard right now! I feel like I am doing nothing right with her! You are right we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I thank GOD I don't know! bahahah
Kristie, I don't think my point came across very well... I was having a really rough day with K. My thoughts were all over the place and I just don't think it made any sense at all. Where in my random brain it did. I was not saying by NO MEANS lets get on facebook or our blog and bash our family for their weakness because I do believe in covering your spouse/children (lesson P. Gretchen taught me)I just was trying to say that we don't need to walk around like we are perfect because LORD KNOWS we are not. I was just talking about being transparent letting people see our struggles. I know in my own marriage I have had some MAJOR strugles and I don't feel the need to air it out but I will talk with people if I feel the Lord prompt me to. I don't know I was not trying to be ugly by no stretch and I am sorry if it came across that way! <3 the two of you!!!
Post a Comment