Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here we go!


Whelp the last few week's and weekends we have been working on getting our cars ready for testing. I don't know if I have blogged about it before (ha ha ha) but we are a racing family. My husband has been driving a race car since he was 13 years old and his Father before him has been racing since he was a teenager! I actually met my husband at the drag strip. He was there with his girlfriend and I was there with my boyfriend. It was love at first kiss! ha ha Yep my now Hubby kissed me right there in front of my then boyfriend. He was so full of himself (I LOVE IT) Anyway like I said I knew when I met him and married him where I would be spending my spring/summer/fall weekends. Last year our oldest daughter decided that she was ready to jump into a car and she had a great season last year she made it to a few semifinals and a couple finals. This season our baby daughter decided she was ready to step into her very first race car! So we have been getting her ready ordered her custom racing suit, new HOT PINK seat belts.

She stepped into the race car on a Sunday Test and Tune. She cried her eyeballs out and I watched her daddy lean down into that race car and tell her if she did not want to do this that she could step out and we would walk away even after all the thousands and thousands of dollars that were spent. It's times like those I realize I am married to one of the most kind heartest people. She cried a little more until Daddy started the car and then she laughed her head off and was ready to make her first pass. I was scared to death but amazed because she is a natural but I mean what did I expect she is her father's child. :)








Well fast forward a few weeks and you end up at Friday night it was our baby daughter's first official race of the season. Oh gosh I was scared to death. HA HA She won her first round but there was some confusion so she did not go to second round. Her sister on the other hand she got down to 3 cars and was beat by one of her very best friends. The young man that beat her honestly considers her to be like his sister and it upset them both to have to run each other. After the run she was crying and he came up to her hugged her and said Good race sis it's alright. :) I love that boy big!!! So we load up and settle in to watch the rest of the race! We watched the finals then loaded up the motor home and headed home! We knew we had a BIG day of racing the next morning bright and early!






\


Saturday morning we loaded all the kids, (we had an extra stay over) the dogs, food and fuel and off we headed to race toward B'ham. Our girls had to run each other first round and well our Oldest the VET spanked baby sister the newbie! It was rough on this Momma because I want them both to win but everything feel into place and my oldest daughter won her very first race of the season.



\










It was a day I will never forget it was beautiful weather, Hubby's parents were there with us. I cried, she cried, her brother and sister cried, her Granny was there she cried. We were all just a bunch of cry baby's. It was just a great day and I am so thankful for my family that God has given me and that he has given us the funds to do this amazing activity as a family. I am so thankful that our children actually enjoy going to the track on the weekends with Mommy and Daddy. I say this a lot but I am so thankful that the Father does not give me what I deserve but he gives me what he thinks I deserve. Father I am thankful for you in my life. AMEN Whelp I will post the pictures whenever I come back around ha ha ha I stink at this blogging but I love reading! Oh well I hope everyone had a great rest of the week. Blessings



No comments: