We officially broke ground today! Monday night Hubby's uncle came over and we officially laid out the house how I wanted it to be and where I wanted my front door to point! The street we live on there is not really a house maybe one that faces the street head on, so I figured I would just do what I wanted with it and point my front door more toward the water giving me a larger backdoor and more space on the side for my garage. We put re bar stakes down and centered everything up. They got out some paint and made the big box where my basement will be and today WE BROKE GROUND! I have never been so proud of a big 8 1/2 foot hole in all of my life. Hubby seems to think that it will take maybe a week to get the basement dug out and then after we get that then the brick layer will come in and do the footer and block stuff. We also had good conversation about how long it will take to get it blacked in 2 months is what I feel like it will take. WE SHALL SEE!!! We are so excited here are a few picture of the ground breaking!
Ummm I will have to post them later, because I can not find the cord to my camera to load them! Until then just picture a big UGLY backhoe digging into the ground ;o) Blessings!
Park City Utah
4 years ago
2 comments:
Yay!!! So it begins. :)
Hey Lisa, you guys are making great progress!!! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and hey, if you've linked to my blog that's fine with me. We're totally cool in the gang (yes I just went oldschool on you) So if you want to link to me that's fine. I was venting about someone else entirely that I never would have thought in a million years would link to me. Keep posting and I'll keep reading. Love to all! Jess
Post a Comment