My oldest child watched a child a little older than her when she was 2 at a local festival playing the violin and "M" has said ever since that she just wanted to play! We had not found anyone local that taught and the lesson's in Huntsville were to early in the afternoon to get there by the time we got out of school and never really fit with "B" gymnastics. So we just about had her talked into Piano when we got a note home from school saying that the Huntsville Symphony Orchestra along with our 3 arts club were going to fund 10 weeks worth of lessons to her class. PRAISE THE LORD such an answer to prayer. How many times have we payed for our kids to join some club or enroll them in some class only for them to go a few times and realize that HATE IT. So this time I got to see if she really loved it as much as she thought she would and turns out she is in love with the Violin. I think she did an amazing job and she was so proud of herself. We found out a few weeks ago that one of our pool customers has been taking private lessons in his home from a lady right here in our town and that the Huntsville Symphony Orchestra has classes at the local Methodist church. SCORE! She loves it and I think she is really good at it I mean seriously she only gets to practise at school and she has only had 10 classes 30 min at a time. She was so proud and I am just so so proud of her. She has been sick all week with a scratchy throat and just feeling yuck however I could not let her miss her big day. So I sent her on to school just thinking it was a little cold with a scratchy throat never thinking I was being that stupid parent that sends her kid with something contagious to school. After her recital I thought man she looks rough so I checked her out and took her to see the doctor yep that's right STREP THROAT and Fifths (virus) "S" went as well ear infection in both ears. ughhhh yes ma'am I am that ignorant parent that sent her kid to school contagious and upset with "S" for screaming the whole recital. Well I would scream to if I had to listen to "beautiful music" and had ear infection in both ears at the same time. Ughhh I should win some sort of award for Ignorant Mother of the Year! So here it is the video of my precious oldest child playing a little song for me. SHE IS SO PROUD! Blessings
3 comments:
Bravo......She did so great. I loved it. She is soo cute. :) I will have to play it for Blake. Hugs, LA
Awww. I want to get my kiddos on an instrument...but everything costs money.
Thank you LeighAnne she was so proud! ;) Jordan I was reading up on children and Violin it said that the DVD's they make now days are almost as good as a private tutor. We are thinking of getting her a DVD till the first of the year! ;)
Post a Comment