Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday-




Thank you Iris for hosting this special day! Today she has pretty much given us an opportunity to talk about anything the subject is random.

This morning I want to Thank the Lord for the life that he has given me with my husband. For this amazing man He has created who every single day is becoming more and more like the Father. I thank the Lord for the work he has done in him in these four short years! I know not long ago we were standing at a crossroads and I know without the Lord our marriage would not be what it is today and we would not be the people we are today had we not been through all that we have been through and I thank you Lord for standing right beside us all along the way. I thank the Father that divorce was not an option for either of us. I thank God that even when we failed God loved us enough and gave us another chance. I am thank for the patient Father that he is and that he evens the parenting out. I am thankful for the abilities and talents God has given him. Sometimes I feel like I am married to Handy Manny (minus that accent of course) At this time of year when I tend to reflect with a heavy heart I choose this day to control my mind to control my thoughts to think on good things. Today I also pray this verse "You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever! ~ Psalm 30:11-12" Lord I love you I praise you and I give you all the glory for all these wonderful things you have birthed inside of me and my marriage. I thank you for my husband father I thank you for sending your son to die on that cross for me and my husband Lord. I thank you for all of these things! Happy Thankful Thursdays!



12 comments:

lambofHisflock said...

Thank you for your thankful post... I am rejoicing with you that God has chosen that we not be alone... I am thankful today anew for my husband through reading your post. Bless you.

Aunt Angie said...

Lisa---I LOVED this post. Having survived seemingly insurmountable problems in our own marriage and child rearing years...I feel kin to other survivors and thrivers! God is good!

You really blessed my heart today---that is what Thankful Thursday is about!

Mrs.B said...

What a great post.

thanks for sharing


In HIS Keeping,
~Mrs.B

Laurie Ann said...

What a precious thankful post! Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

Bonnie said...

Thank you for sharing your post today. Praise God for all of His faithfulness in all of our humanness. Blessings!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

What a beautiful post- rejoicing for your marriage! Happy TT!

Saleslady371 said...

Hi, Lisa:
I love your honesty in your writing. Your husband sound like a keeper, but his wife sounds like a gem, too. The kids are cuties. Your girs look like you.
Bless you all,
Mary

Sherrylinn said...

Thank you for such a wonderful post!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your heart.

Michele Williams said...

Great Thankful post. Thank you so much for sharing. Bless you dear.

Valerie said...

Lisa what a beautiful post. I think all us married folk know how hard it can be to keep a marriage together. I remember times when I just wanted to say I'm done. What would we do without God carrying us through our troubles? I just read your comment and I would never glare at you.:) You my dear said you do attempt to calm your child. That is all you can do. This lady did nothing. I hope my irritating day didn't offend you. I would hate that.

Melanie said...

This is such beautiful thankful post! God IS so good, isn't He?!