We all hop in our van's that are taking us on the ride of a lifetime. I promise you if you ever ride in a vehicle in Mexico you will understand that statement people just pull out in front of you or cut you off there seems to be no rules the roads are horrible and the potholes would keep our tire store in business. ;) Our guides name was Riaz something he was a great guide and you could tell he loved his job and not to mention he was easy on the eyes. :)
The first thing we did after we got out of the van's was walk across some block little bridge thing and into a real Mayan village where we were instructed to leave our bags in one of the lady's homes. :) The first thing I saw were these blue hammocks and then a pink one on the very end. Then our guide tells us that those are there beds. That this is how they sleep and the pink one was a crib and I noticed there was a baby wrapped up in blankets sleeping in the hammock with nobody around.
Then off we went to a guy who was going to pray over us and blow some smoke or something all over us. This was some sort of cleansing ceremony. I felt very uneasy about this and as he was praying I began to plead the blood of Jesus over me my husband and all that were standing around us. Tho I could not understand a word he was saying My God did and he was able to bind anything not of him that this man was praying over me. I think you can tell from the pictures I was not happy about this one. Then after that we went to the spot were we were to repel into the Cenota first we had to stand under a shower of water to clean ourselves just in case we had any "impurities" on us.
First we got a lesson and then down we go 36 feet to the water's surface and after we get in there is another 36 feet to the bottom. I did not get off my tractor tire tube. ha ha :) I could not see what was under me and was not about to swim in it. Hubby on the other hand was just swimming around. WHAT A FREAK! After we were down there for 45 min they then hooked us up to a rope they called the "elevator" which was three men on each side pulling on a rope to get you to the top. And can I just say that was a painful ride to the top.
After we did this we then hiked up to the zip lines and our guide showed us how to do this I was after my friend Ebby and she dropped her brake and I began to worry that I was going to do that as well. I guess what you worry about ends up happening. I dropped my brake and could not get it back on and I ended up slamming into the end of the line and about broke my neck. Hubby did great and had the best time. Did I mention that there were two alligators swimming in the water under us. YIKES
After we all were done with our zip lines we hiked back down to the water and we went canoeing till lunch time. :) Can I tell you that is divorce boat not love boat. I seriously could have killed my husband. He was goofin off and I was freakin out about the two huge alligators swimming around in there. ughhh I was so ready to get out of that boat and go sit on dry land. After we got out of the boat we took a few group shots then off to eat in the village.
There was a group of old and young ladies that prepared our meal and might I add it was authentic nothing TACO BELL around here. The chickens we ate were the chickens in the pen right outside the house. I think my favorite thing I ate was the cabbage tomato soup and the empanada's that had potatoes on the inside. We also had Hibiscus tea and it was sooooooooooooo good. :) After we ate that amazing meal we got to lay around in there "beds" hammock and take the opportunity to buy one of those "beds" it takes them 2 weeks to make one and it only cost 30.00 U.S. There is a Christmas gift in here somewhere right? *WINK*
After we left the village we rode down this long dirt road back out to the high way and our guide was driving so fast and we all would freak every time we would have to pass someone coming in the opposite direction because ummm it was like playing chicken. HA HA We got to see how some of these people live and I have to say I want to one day very soon bring my girls down to Mexico and show them how some children in the world live. So that they will enjoy the blessings God has given them. Not saying that they do not but ya know they are kids and just think these things that they have grow on tree's.
We got to our destination and our guide took all of us around and gave us a 30 min tour of things that go on at these specific places that we were visiting. We finally all rent bicycles and these are not bikes like we have here these are old rusted hard as rock seats. I hunted around till I found one made for girls if ya know what I mean? :)
We get to the bottom of COBA and I have to say I started to panic because well here comes my fear of heights. I watched hubby and a few of my pool dealer buddies climb to the top and one of the older men that was with us we called him Poppy said come on lets do it. I said sure as long as you go slow with me. Let me tell you this man must have been military because he flipping ran circles around me. I get to the top and all of our friends up there starts screaming OH MY GOODNESS YOU MADE IT GOOD JOB LISA WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU" We got a group shot up there and holy moly the view of the jungle from atop was amazing. I knew it was going to be the coming down that got me. I get there and hubby decided he would go down with me. He was just walking down and I of course had to hold on to the rope in the middle. Our guide had just told us about a man falling down just the day before and was hurt pretty badly. Finally a lady who spoke ZERO English I believe she was French pointed to her butt and then sat down and scooted all the way down. Don't you know I had some dirty pants the whole way back. :)
We got back to the hotel and I have to say I was exhausted that was a very long day. We took showers got dressed and headed down for dinner and the show in the lounge. This hotel does shows every night at 9:30. We had a great time watching these shows. We said goodnight to our friends and off to bed we went. I have to say I am so stinking excited about kicking my fear of heights butt. It was very liberating. :) ton of pictures people here they come!












7 comments:
Sounds like you guys had an experience of a life time! Gosh I love trips like this. Thanks for sharing your memories and pics with us.
This sounds so cool! Makes me want to go look up all the possible excursions in Cabo and pick them out already!! Beautiful photos!
I hope your little boys is feeling better.
Lisa you rock! What an adventure. I know I couldn't do the zip line at all. Love the pictures, looks like ya'll had a great time. If YOUR spirit felt uneasy you did the right thing by pleading the blood of Jesus over all of your group. That's why God gave us the Holy Ghost to look over us, as you know.
Hey..haven't had time to read it all, but i did look at pictures..
1.)While scanning the words, you said the chickens were right outside..that is just gross..not sure why, but it is.
2.)The pic of you and bo, he has shirt off, you have on a brown and white top..and look like you are getting directions or soemthing..well, it is a SURVIVOR look! Cracking up!
3.) I will read tomorrow while at work!
Oh Lisa that looked like it was so much fun!!! Thanks for the pics!!!
Lisa I hope S is feeling better and that the rest of you didn't get sick. I wanted to tell you that I have a surprise for you on my blog. When you get the chance come see what it is.
Looks like you had a lot of fun! My husband's blog is: http://eaglesnest76.blogspot.com/
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment