So last night was the election and Pop got beat by some 400 votes. I have to say I was a little sad but not because he did not win but for all those people that worked so hard for him and for my Mother in law who just really has poured her entire self into this campaign. They were so brave and put on a great front for all there supporter's last night at Carlisle. We had some cake and just celebrated the effort of all those people. Can I just say though I so disappointed in politics in general. I mean can we please focus on the issues and not all these personal attacks. It shows great IN-maturity on the part of the candidates and there supporters. We are above all else called to be CHRIST like in all that we do. If you do not support that candidate then don't support them but leave all the low blows alone. The Candidates Wayne Parker and Parker Griffith are killing me with all the negativity. Its so child like. I just wish that we could focus on the issues and that's it. UGHHHH Soap box hee hee.
Hubby and I filled out the paper work for all our permits yesterday and should be turning them in today. Its raining and I have to say I love it. I have to go out and buy the girls rain jackets because the to and from the bus they get soaked. This morning I put them in my car and we just backed to the end of the drive way and when the bus came they hopped out.
Oh I have a funny story about last night. My girls were at the party meeting all my in laws supporters and one of the ladies was super friendly and we just thought she was precious but she kinda freaked my girls out. She was just talking and commenting on how beautiful my girls were and that she loved there eye brows. I thought what in the world is she talking about and then on my last child "K" she said I just love your full eye brows I had mine tattooed on. "K" got this strange look on her face and was kinda wigged out. "K" walks over to me later and says "MOM" with the most horrified look on her face "oh my goodness she has a tattoo on her face of eyebrows" Hubby and I cracked up the whole way home about it.
Well today is a great day to organize since we will not be going out because of all the rain. So I am off to get the apartment straighten up. Oh My in laws sure could use everyone prayers! They are being brave and putting on brave faces but I know they are hurt. So if you could please remember them in your prayers for that and they are taking a much needed and deserved trip to the coast this weekend to relax and look a car's what else would a "B Family" do on a vaca. hee hee I hope everyone is sitting back with a good warm drink, blanket and enjoying the sound of the liquid blessing! Post more later! Blessings
Park City Utah
4 years ago
1 comment:
HOW disappointing. I am not anti Gary Speers by any means. I just so feel for, like you said, all the people who have put so much time into this. And now it's...over for them. I will be praying they have a relaxing and healing weekend.
Post a Comment