Friday, October 24, 2008

Exhaustion, Blisters & Sickness!

Yes I have both of those! The day before yesterday which would have been Wednesday we had the city inspector come out to see if what all they had done was looking good and to see if the electric would pass! Ummm Not so much we went to the Power Board and they told us what to buy so Hubby goes and spends 120 something on the meter box and the breaker box. Yeah they get here and say oh that's not the right one We have come to find out that Scottsboro does not just meet the national standard for Code's and such but the inspector told us that Scottsboro takes it one step further. Which I am happy in one sense but then again I think some of this is NUTS. Like the footer we had it all dug out and were going around picking up the bigger dirt chunks and throwing them out of the hole and the inspector told us No he wanted to see shovel scrap marks. Well that would have been fine had we not already had all the re bar down waiting on concrete. So I yes I "LISA W-B" got a rake and a shovel and was shoveling dirt right along side the boys and I have the blister's to prove it. I will say it does feel nice to say I have contributed a bit even if it was not that much! So yesterday gets here Steve's son calls in and says he won't be there today then our two guys that work for us had a pool job they had to finish so it was ME, Hubby, Hubby's Uncle and his worker out there finishing up getting the rest of the trash out of the trenches getting the forms built for the concrete as they call them pillars I don't get it but alright! The inspector shows up early as always and passed us on both the electric and the footer we were so excited Hubby and I were hugging and high fiving! ha ha It was such a huge relief to know we could go the next step. They poured concrete all day today some of our best friends showed up to lend a hand and watch like everyone else the concrete being poured and finished. So You know I took a million pictures and will post them at the bottom.

"M" called me from school Wednesday because her throat was hurting pretty bad and needed something for it. Well I check her out of school early and took her to a local quick care clinic here in Scottsboro. Hubby's BFF from school days wife is the Nurse Practitioner there. We love Cherish and are just as comfortable with the care she gives our babies as we do Dr. Cochran in Huntsville. Poor "M" she had a sinus infection with a really red throat and swollen tonsils. So we got her some meds and put her in bed. She just felt horrible she had the chills and wanted to sleep all day Wednesday. She had a big school field trip scheduled for Thursday in Chattanooga at Ruby Falls but with the rate she was going it was not looking good for her. Well she felt so bad when I told her I think it's best she stay home since they would be outside most of there trip she did not even care. She just said "OK Mom I don't feel good I wanna go to sleep can I have another blanket?" That poor child did not even fight me on it. Bless her heart. She slept the majority of yesterday until around 2:30 and from then on she seemed to be her normal self so we decided that she was well enough for school this morning!

We have not told the girls but we plan on taking them tonight to see High School Musical 3 that comes out tonight! We are super excited because Scottsboro theater is playing something we want to watch for once! We love High School Musical around this house. I secretly took the girls Cd's from both 1 and 2 and have it in my Car's CD changer! ha ha I love all the songs they are really cute. Well this weekend we are just going to be lazy change the furniture up on the second floor of the apartment and do laundry! We have church on Sunday and I am super excited because we get our Kindergarten class back but this time it is for 3rd service! AHHHH We love it. Well I best get busy around here I have a week's worth of ironing to do! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Blessings

Lisa

There are the pictures!












2 comments:

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

I know you guys are planning on doing most of the work yourself, but just so you know, my brother was trained to do electrical by one of the city inspectors (he used to date his daughter) anyway, he is very familiar with all of the city requirements, so he might be good for some consulting if you need it.

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Yay for passing!!!