Last night we packed up the truck and headed toward Florence to spend the night with Hubby's sister. Her son was having his 4th birthday party this afternoon so we thought we would go over and help her out with getting things ready. We knew she would be short handed with help so we thought we would head over early. We had to make a stop at Target to pick up his gift and of course get my pumpkin spice latte. I just love this time of year if only for pumpkin spice. My cousin makes this cake I am telling you its to blame die for. YUM what I would not give for a great big piece of that an a huge glass of milk. OK I gotta stop thinking about that cake. After we left Target Hubby ran into the Family Christian Book Store and got the book from the movie "Fireproof" called The Love Dare. We are super excited about this book. We read the first few pages on the way to my sister in laws but after the girls begged me to hush I put it away. hee hee I just have to say again how excited I am about my precious new niece. Every single time I think of her beautiful face with her two middle finger's stuck in her mouth just like her Momma use to do when she was a baby. I tear up this child is so so loved. She is a miracle and I can not wait to show her off. Trust me when you see her you will say it was worth the wait. Ughh there I go again crying. I am just so happy to finally have the face to go with the dream. We did not get to my sister in laws house till 9:00 but I went right outside and kicked the soccer ball around with my nephew and I have to say running in that night air put a hurting on my lungs. I came in and I guess went right to sleep because I was just gonna lay down with "S" and next thing I know its morning time! We got up and cleaned up dusted everything. She has a beautiful house beautiful decorated but the more she decorates the more she is going to have to dust. I think I will stick with bareness ha ha I am so blame lazy! We got everything ready and her husband showed to grill hot dogs. Then all the guest started to arrive. It was a great little party full of pirates. I have to say however that when a certain set of Sister's walked in I felt every single bit of my 30 years. The oldest I did not even recognize her she is 13. She was to be the flower girl in our wedding had we not ran off! She was 3 holy cow and can I just say they have turned out to be some of the most beautiful little ladies and just a pleasure to be around! We left my sister in laws after trying to help her clean things up. Because we all know the Men were to involved in there ballgame to help the poor lady with anything! We headed straight to Grant to spend the evening with my parents and stay the night. We have had a good time chit chatting and looking at the pictures of our newest family member! My Daddy said to me "Have you seen our baby girl?" with all the pride of a new grandpapa! We all are smitten with this little one! She has the most beautiful eyes ughhh I can't wait till we can finally show you guys what we are talking about! Well we have church in the morning and I forgot to take my Ambien so I hope I am on my game tomorrow. Last week I felt was a HUGE let down! I messed things up so so bad. Well Its late and I am ready for bed well at least ready to lay there and look at the ceiling! I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far and heads to church somewhere tomorrow! Blessings!
Park City Utah
4 years ago
2 comments:
I am dying and so anxious to see her!! Tell me again..why a pic cannot be posted..I understand she is not legal yet..but a pic? What's so bad about that?? I know tho..it will be worth it all..and that little precious soul will be so loved!!!
What a great weekend for you and your whole family!!!
I am so happy for your sister and can't wait to hear updates! Hopefully a picture won't be TOO far away!
Post a Comment