And are not millionaires. ha ha Hubby's Daddy called yesterday morning to tell hubby to enter the big race. I of course was stressed out because when we came to Memphis I was under the understanding we were only going to race the gamblers race and the twin 30's. So when Hubby got off the phone and told me what his Daddy told him my tummy went into knots. The kids and I decided we were going to have a day out of Daddy's way we would ride the golf kart out in the fields, we would play cards in the motor home, we would go watch our daddy race. Whatever we could do to keep ourselves busy and out of Daddy's way this is after all a huge deal. I prayed all day for my hubby for peace, clarity of mind, speeding reaction times, and most of all protection. Those of you who have hubby's do a not so normal sport or like to live on the wild side will understand. Its always an act of faith for me when my hubby walks out of the motor home and straps himself into that race car that goes zero to 131 mph in 5.12 seconds. It's always a day of prayer but today was a day of more prayer than usual! ha ha He was racing for a MILLION DOLLARS! I started thinking of all I could do with that money. I would pay for my house outright, pay for the completion of my sister's adoption, buy my little sister a house plus much much more. We went red first round which just means Hubby went before the light turned green so off to the buy back window he went and bought back into the second round. So the next round some man went red on him. So that put us into the third round well while Hubby was staging his starter went out and he had to go buy another one! WOW we have spent lots of money this weekend! ughhhh Anyway Third round he guessed his car would go 5.12 and a perfect light would be 500 well he was 499 red and ran dead on his dial in with a 1. If he would have been anywhere in the green he would have made it to the next round. Oh well we went to bed with even less money than we woke up with! ha ha ha
This morning so far he has won 1st round while "S" and I are laying around. I am so happy I have this laptop and my Verizon card because I was able to watch church this morning! Pastor Mark brought a great word this morning, the one thing he said and forgive me if I butcher this quote " When you are willing to change the things you should not change you end up changing the things you should not." This went right along with his sermon but to me it spoke of lots of things. Like if you are willing to change who you are to be with different crowds(good or bad) of people then eventually you are going to become one of those crowds (good or bad). If you are willing to change your moral fiber and your whole thought process because of a certain political party well you get it. It reminded me of the saying "You have got to stand for something or you will fall for anything" I read something the other night in my notes and it nailed me
1 Corinthians 15:33 (Amplified Bible)Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionship's (communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and character.
In another version it reads "Bad company corrupts good morals" BAM right between the eyes. I am not perfect BY NO STRETCH of the imagination but Christ that lives in me is perfect. PRAISE GOD I am able to wake up and start over with a clean slate each and every morning. I may let the Father down and I may even let other people down but that's just it I am human I make mistakes. I have never ever claimed to have lived a perfect life. I will say it over and over and over. I am so undeserving of the blessings God has given me. I did all the things most teenager's do when they are young and stupid. I even have the "GASP" Horrific dreaded dum dum dum Tattoo" ha ha I say all of this for those few that read my blog do not come away from this spot thinking I think more highly of myself. I think I am a southern girl who mess's up on a daily basis but is forgiven, bought with and paid for with the precious blood of Jesus that he freely gave for me on Calvary's cross. My little thought process today.
So Hubby is up running second round and we just heard of one of our fellow racer's rig (top kick and trailer) burning up last night. Praise the Lord nobody was hurt but he did loose thousands of dollars worth of equipment and did some major damage to his trailer and cars inside. I told Hubby that on the way home tonight we will make sure we have everything unplugged so we do not have the same fate. Well I hope everyone is having a great week. I know we have had a great time here in Memphis and glad to see it coming to an end. I wanna go home and check out my hole in the ground! Get all my paperwork signed for permits and get our port a potty delivered! bahaha I am so excited about stupid stuff! OH OH OH "S" has learned a few things I am not proud of this weekend such as "shut up" and hitting. ummm I have pulled out my book but and reading again but ummm any quick tips on what to do? I have popped him in the mouth when he told me to shut up and he kept on saying it and kept on saying it I kept on spanking him and the more I spanked the more he said it. I finally just sat him in the floor in a corner and he went to sleep. I need some advice or an exorcist! Because I am really at my end with this mess. I guess I gotta watch my mouth because I know he is mocking me and his daddy! We say shut up all the time I did not realize how ugly it sounded until I heard it coming out of my precious little boys mouth! ughhh OK I am ending this post before I keep going and going and going. Write more from the great state of Alabama better yet my home sweet home! Blessings!
Park City Utah
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment