Monday, November 24, 2008

So Sick!

Saturday we had Thanksgiving lunch with Hubby's parents and sister! It was a great meal and I always enjoy watching Hubby and his older sister interact. Hubby here lately is taking on the BIG brother role instead of the 7 year younger child he is. His sister is going through a rough time has been for years now and He just is so full of wisdom this days. I love seeing him speak into his sister's life.

Saturday night we went up to my parents house like we always do on Saturday nights. We ate leftover's and chatted untill 11:00 that night then we went to bed. I started having a runny nose that night. I woke up around 4:45 and could not go back to sleep. So my Mom came to the kitchen as sat there with me. I am telling you I cherish those talks I have with my Mother. We drank a whole pot of coffee all by ourselves. By the time the hubby's got up they had a fresh pot! ha ha We got kids dressed and off to church. Praise and Worship was just awesome is all I can think to describe it. Pastor spoke a great word and when I feel better I will blog about that one. We went to our class and wow our class has grown we had 17 kids. All of our children were wonderful and we had a great time with them. Service feels like its getting shorter and shorter!

After church I went out to my sisters house to try on some clothes to wear to Mexico and I really was going out there just to chat with her and prove to her that I can not fit into her clothes. I got them on but please believe me when I say this she looks so much better in them than I do. She is so beautiful inside and out. I wished I looked like she does. However I am short and dumpy and that's just how God created me.

I got home Hubby insisted we head to the gym. Keep in mind (and you can ask my little sister) I was sneezing so hard and over and over and over. It was horrible so I went to gym come home crash. Wake up every hour on the hour with chills, pain in my face, aches, snotty nose. I knew when I got up that it I was going to the doctor because I have to watch my sister's 2 children tomorrow (yes in my tiny apartment) they are spending the night and we are going to rent loads of movies and I am going to learn patience even more so. My oldest is teaching me daily to just accept her for the way she is. She has her moods and she is happy one min and grumpy the next but its all part of who she is. I also have to pack my bag for Mexico and my kids bag to take to my Mother's house while my Mother in law has them! I went to the doctor Hubby and I both have sinus infections. She was wonderful enough to give us Cipro for our trip to Mexico in a few short days. I LOVE OUR DOCTOR! Oh tonight I have to go get my hair chopped off and try to get rid of this jet blackness! My hip is aching (not from the shot cause she was the best shot giver) just the meds I guess. Well my kids are acting nuts and I don't know what to do because I have ZERO energy to deal with them! Well I know you all want to be me right now! ha ha My sister just informed me a few min ago that she is going to be making a Pumpkin Cake for our Thanksgiving dinner and I am so stinking excited. My cousin has made this cake before and it is just awesomeness I love love love this cake. I just thank God we are not staying the night with her because she would kick my butt for eating a slice before we got to our Aunts! ha ha Well You guys have a great night and great week. I am going to be slow on commenting and posting because all the children being here, packing and just trying to get ready! Talk to you soon. Blessings!



3 comments:

Pretty Organizer said...

Ahhh you poor lady! Wish I could dish you up some chicken noodle soup! I get my yearly sinus infection each February. AZ plants bloom, I get allergies, sinus's can't handle my reaction. Dreadful pain... I'll keep you in my prayers.

LuLu's Lane said...

Oh no~ sick~ now..that just bites! I hope you feel better soon. Have fun in Mexico and take lots of pics to share.

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

Bless you!!! Which doctor did you end up going to? You don't need sinus infections for Mexico..so get rid of that stuff!!!!Hope all goes well in the next few days and you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!