Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 1 & 2 (Political Soap Box)

So like I said in the last post Hubby and I decided to start "The Dare" on Sunday night!
Day 1's dare:
The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret.

OK so that sounds simple enough right? Not so much for us because we are building a house and still choosing things so that one was rough on us because we are two different people with two different taste and vision for this house! This dare may turn out to be a wonderful thing for us at this time in our lives in building the house. I have heard so much negativity about building houses as a married couple. If your marriage can survive building a house it can survive anything! ha ha I beg to differ I can think of a lot worse things a marriage can survive and make it through :) We made it and did a great job only wanting to say something negative a few times ha ha but all house related!

Onto Today’s Dare
In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness. I will let you guys know how this goes! I am sure there are going to be days where I will just come on here and say I FAILED. Well because we are human and are always growing learning and getting a good ol spanking from the father!

OK I know I have not really said much about this political election going on! I had an amazing lunch with my Best Friend Alli yesterday. She had just had a conversation with her co-workers about key issues involved in this election. I will just say to you guys the same thing I said to her. You do not have to "fight" for your candidate that election is already decided it was decided long ago. Does that mean we do not have to get off our tails and vote NO. That is our God given right many women and men have died for this right. I told her you know all these people talking about how our faith has no business in this election, but ummm I let my faith and my relationship with the father lead me in all aspects of my life. So why would I leave God at the door when I go into the booth and vote. I will not pick and choose what parts of the bible I will believe. The Bible says thou shall not kill it does not say but if you have a good reason. Its simple to me. I believe that the word pro choice is a crazy word for it. I believe its either you are pro life or pro death! I am sorry if I am offending anyone but I am not called to to sugar coat the word of God it is what it is Deuteronomy 12:32 "Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do.(AY) You shall not add to it or take from it" It's so simple to me it's either thou shall not kill or you can kill. I just do not understand people why do they hunt around and hunt around for a church that will "fit there lifestyle" ummm if your pastor is not teaching the whole Bible you are not where you need to be. If praise and worship does not stir something in your spirit and if the message does not provoke you to think about your life and where this applies and you walk out of there with a goal to live a better life hmmmm something is not right! I am not all about a message of hell fire and brimstone but I am also not all about these pastors that teach Christianity is all flowers, bubble gum and sweets. I think that is not reality we serve a God who has rules you follow them or at least try to live them day in and day out and you will be rewarded. If you do not then you are in danger of hell's flames. Sorry folks don't shoot the messager its in The Word. OK I have no idea why I just wrote all that? Maybe because I have kept silent for long enough on these issues. Like I told Alli yesterday Sometimes its best to be silent and allow people to keep talking and the Holy Spirit inside of you will convict without you saying a word. I believe your faith needs to guide you in that voting booth! Do not leave God out of politics folks without him you would not even be here to vote. I am not saying who to vote for but I will say this you will stand before God and give an account for all of your actions how you lived, how you served the father, and also how you voted. Fast, pray and seek God wholeheartedly on which person to vote for. This is not the time pick on party lines. Let me just say as a side note the democratic party nor republican is not the party of old I have heard so many people say my mom was a democrat/republican and there mother and there mother. Well back then the party was for the working class, but be foreal some of these politicians come from some of the most wealthy families in the United States Republican or Democrat. These people are millionaires they do not know what its like to be a business owner, teacher, hair stylist, police officer, and plumber (poor Joe). For people to just vote one way blindly is a slap in the face to the brave men and woman who have given there lives for your right to vote. So instead of looking at the red or the blue state or what your friends are voting LOOK to the LORD TO LEAD YOU! OK I am off my box! I just think I kept silent long enough now is the time to speak up and let your voice be heard! Do I think you are a horrible person if you are voting against who I am voting for? HECK NO as a matter of fact one of my closest friends is voting for the other guy. Do I love her or respect her any less? Nope I believe she is a Godly woman who will seek God wholeheartedly and make the choice right for her and her family. I believe that we serve the same God and just because she does not support who I support does not makes her any less of a Christian! So lets ease off the supporter's of these two and lets go at the candidates and again SEEK the Father now until next Tuesday even as you are standing in that voting booth as to whom the FATHER would have you vote for! Blessings!

3 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

ALthough I am heavy hearted at the aspect of Obama being our president, it will be nice to not have the election junk all over the televisions. I won't watch it anymore. I just keep praying praying praying.

LuLu's Lane said...

All we can do is pray and you are right... God already knows who is going to be elected. He is really the only VOTE that counts! :) I also can't wait for the election junk to be off the tv! Only one more week... I love the Dare stuff you guys are doing~ I can't wait to read more about it in your lives. xoxo

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

Preach it, sister!