
The Hubby and I have been trying for weeks now to go see the movie "Fireproof" we finally got to see it last night! Thanks to my Mother and Father in law who took the girls to see High School Musical 3 and Corey Lands who watched Silas for me. I prayed before we walked into the theater that God would use this to heal things in me that I know are still raw! I know sometimes it is best to be transparent so people can see your imperfections but sometimes I feel like its best to not put all of your business out there for everyone to know! I have been hearing Pastor Gretchen in my head for about a year now saying "Do not destroy your spouses witness/ministry" WOW there have been many times I wanted to just blast on my husband on here but that precious voice of Pastor Gretchen rings in my ears. You may ask me I just told you all that well its because I think this post is going to be random and I wanted to let you know why!
Can I just say that this movie stirred up emotion in me that I thought I had laid down months and even years ago. I think all marriages have been through at least a few of if not all the things that the on screen marriage were going through. Bless my poor hubby I know there is one thing in that movie he has not been tempted with the Internet/pornography issue. My poor husband can hardly get on his facebook account or his myspace page God love him. However I think the one thing that broke me most was during the time where Kirk Cameron's character had made a commitment to the father and was just waiting on his wife to realize there marriage was worth saving. It broke me broke me down to sobs in the middle of the movie theater. You see at one point in my life I was there I was waiting and holding on by my finger nails even when it felt like the whole world was pulling at my feet and the winds were blowing I held on. It was not me that held on it was the father in me that was holding to his promises for my life. It was at this time in my life where my relationship with the Lord became the center of my life. It was at this time in my life where I found what I had been looking for. I found a father who was just standing there waiting on me to come to him with my life with my problems. Last night I felt conviction I felt like God took me back right there in the theatre to that place and reminded me of how dependant I was on him that every second of everyday I was praying,seeking and studying any and all things I could get my hands on. After a few months and answered prayers I started to slack off and not fully seek him mind body and soul like I was at this time in my life. I felt the father pulling at my heart to come back to that time in my life to pray, seek and study as much if not more than I had because It needs to be a constant in my life not just when I feel helpless. CONVICTION I TELL YOU!
This movie should be a staple for any and all marriage counseling. I think no longer should Pastor's or Councilor's give out the book "His needs her needs building an affair proof marriage" well maybe they should because that's a great book. However I feel like this movie should be purchased by churches and given out for the first session of premarital counseling or counseling in general. I believe the Love Dare is one of those books that will stand the test of time and still be relevant for future generations.
I have done a lot of research on marriages and I know all the percentages of people in the church divorce rates. I know its higher than "the world". I will say this there is a reason the devil is attacking marriages. With one marriage failing not only are the couples lives destroyed and impacted negatively but the children are impacted, parents, sister's, brother's, uncles everyone that is a part of your world is impacted when a marriage is failing. The devil is a wise old turd he knows with one marriage destroyed he can impact all those people its like a domino effect.
I believe that if both people are willing to seek the father and make Christ the CENTER of your life and marriage any marriage can be saved. I do not care what you have been through from an affair, pornography addiction, to just out and out disgust for your spouse. I know my God is bigger than anything that the devil can throw at me or you. I feel like we have to be willing to throw the devil down and say You will not have my mind you will not have my soul and you will not have my marriage. I think if we take Divorce off the table make it not an option then you would be surprised at what a marriage can withstand.
I think I am going to go see this movie again but maybe go by myself ha ha. Sit all alone in a corner and this time remember to bring my tissues. Not many will understand what I am talking about however I hope that you do not have to know details to know that I serve a big God and he has done many a miracle in my life in all aspects of my life. I am so blessed that the father did not give me what I deserved. I am not worthy of the favor he has poured out on my life. OK I could seriously go on and on and on on this movie but I will just finish this post by saying GET OFF YOUR TAIL and go see this movie if you have seen it take the Dare. Hubby and I decided to wait to start "The Love Dare" till after we saw the movie (thank you Randi) so this Sunday night we are going to start on day 1 of our 40 days of working on this wonderful blessing in both mine and hubby's life OUR MARRIAGE! Blessings
Oh Yeah I strongly recomment the Fireproof Soundtrack. We purchased it off iTunes. This is the song that tore me to shreds last night
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord
4 comments:
Thanks for visiting my blog. I completely agree that this movie should serve as a marriage conseling tool, and as a pastor, I certainly intend to use it as such. May I add that you have a beautiful looking family! :)
We saw it too1 Love, love, loved it and that song was my absolute fave! I walked out of the theatre going, ok, who sings that I must have it. We went with two other couples, though, and I think I want to go with just us. It' definitely one of those movies worth seeing more than once!
Talk about me??? "Wise Old Turd" I am now cracking up! I am so glad you enjoyed it as much as I did! Wait till I come home and we can go again..and take the tissues to the back of the room! I think we all go through things..or have been through things..and are so thankful we were held and cared for while we were waiting! ~ISI
Beautiful.
Post a Comment